Whether it is playing soccer, shooting hoops in their middle school, or taking ballet classes to help with balance, participating in sports can benefit the children playing them. The benefits affect them physically, mentally, and socially. So if you need to spend a little more money off of your prepaid credit cards or out of your monthly budget, it pays off in the long run for your child. Here are just eight ways children benefit from playing sports.
1. Playing sports are fun and your child will enjoy what they are doing. Being a part of a team, also introduces them to a group of children who share the same goals and interests.
2. Children who play sports are more likely to make better choices when they need to. They are less likely to use drugs or drink because they realize it will affect their performance in their beloved sport. Girls who play sports are less like to get pregnant.
3. It helps them with their self-image. As the child grows, their self-image has to be developed. It is not something that you can do for them, but children who play sports are more likely to feel good about themselves, how they play, and how they look.
5. Playing sports helps them develop discipline for now and in the future. They will learn the importance of working hard to see change in how they play. They are also more likely to take the habits they pick up in practice and use them later in life.
6. Playing sports helps your child stay healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
7. Playing sports motivates your child to do better in school. You will see better grades from your child and they are more likely to graduate because of their commitment to their team.
8. Playing sports helps them learn about leadership and teamwork. Working as a team helps them learn to share and follow directions. Playing sports can show your child the importance of the coach and captain of the team.